Re: Proposals for RoboCupRescue 2003 regulations

From: koto@takopen.cs.uec.ac.jp
Date: Thu 17 Oct 2002 - 04:51:50 GMT

    Dear All,

    > My main question is why there is a need of definition of an explicit ACL for
    > agent conversation? If you think there is need, I suggest KQML.

    The unlimited communication makes the simulation not a multi-agent
    problem but a single-controller problem. The unlimitation enables
    agents to share information and their decision. Multi-agent systems are
    more appropriate for RoboCup-Rescue, originated by RoboCup-Soccer.

    On the other hand, to simulate or to exceed human intelligence is the
    great goal of AI. The main purpose of the competion is to provide an
    evaluation of AI methods, so it is a good choice to try to simulate
    human's restriction.

    Regards,
    Tetsuhiko Koto
    koto@takopen.cs.uec.ac.jp