Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Porting TCP implementation to Windows?

From: Rujia Liu <liurj_at_mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:19:26 +0800

Hi,

maybe It's better to send to the roborescue-developers maillist ?

You said you're not very familiar with C/C++, how did you port the server and got everything running?

In my opinion you can try to make everything in connection_manager.* (and connection.*, tcp.*... etc) work well, ignoring RCR-specific codes

>I'm currently trying to port the robocuprescue platform to Windows and
>have finally pretty much got everything running. The only problem I now
>have is that the TCP implementation doesn't seem to be working correctly
>- it will work for a few seconds when each simulator is started but
>eventually each one comes up with an error about having an unexpected
>EOF before closing its window and the kernel comes up with WARNING: Send
>via TCP to 127.0.0.1:3992 failed: resouce temporarily unavailable.
>
>Does anyone have any idea where I can begin to look to try and fix this?
>I've looked in the TCP.cc and TCP.h files in librescue but haven't
>really come up with anything as I am not very familiar with C or C++.

Yours,
Rujia Liu