Re: [robocup-rescue-s] start and stop scripts

From: Cameron Skinner <cam_at_cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:15:01 +1200

Hi.

> Could you please tell me all details about start and stop scripts
> -including their exact names and order of connecting agents-?

A start script will be used to start your agents. It should be called
"start.sh" and it will be run from your team directory. It will take the
following arguments:

The name of the server
The port
Number of fire brigades
Number of ambulance teams
Number of police forces
Number of fire stations
Number of ambulance centers
Number of police offices
The client number

For example, it might be called like this:

start.sh localhost 7000 10 5 10 1 1 1

We have three client machines for each cluster this year. You might want
to start different numbers of agents on different machines, e.g. fire
agents on one machine, all others on another machine. This can also be done.

If you send me three startup scripts (start1.sh, start2.sh and
start3.sh) they will be used on the client machines. So, your start
scripts could look like this:

start1.sh:
# $1 = host
# $2 = port
# $3 = FB
# $4 = AT
# $5 = PF
# $6 = FS
# $7 = AC
# $8 = PO
# $9 = Client number (1, 2 or 3)
start-my-agents $1 $2 $3 $6

start2.sh:
start-my-agents $1 $2 $4 $7

start3.sh
start-my-agents $1 $2 $5 $8

These scripts will start all fire agents on the first client, all
ambulances on the second and all police on the third.

If you want to do something clever (like start half the fire brigades on
client 1, 3 fire brigades on client 2 and the rest on client 3) then you
will need to put this inside start.sh, not start1.sh, start2.sh or
start3.sh. Probably very few of you will want this.

You can also provide an optional kill.sh script used for shutting your
agents down after the run. You don't need to provide this, but if you
want to copy log files or do anything else after the agents shut down
then you should provide kill.sh (or kill1.sh, kill2.sh and kill3.sh).

I would like all teams to provide these scripts, not just the remote
participants. This is just like the last two years so it shouldn't be a
big surprise.

To summarise:

I need EITHER:

start.sh

OR:

start1.sh, start2.sh, start3.sh

You can also provide kill.sh, kill1.sh, kill2.sh, kill3.sh if you want to.

If you have any problems then please let me know as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Cameron.