[robocup-rescue-s] Questions on civilian behvaior and temperature

From: Hadi Asghari <hadi_a@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat 27 May 2006 - 05:55:35 GMT

My apologies if this is being posted twice.

Dear Cameron, First of all I would like to thank you for the energy you have
put both in maintaining the kernel source and in replying to
this list. I hope in the future more people will help on the
infrastructure part. I have a few questions, I can report them
on sourceforge as bugs but I am not sure if they are bugs or not? 1. In kernel 49.6, there are civilians who have damage but are
not buried (buriedness = 0). Technically this is OK by the rules,
but we haven't seen this in previous kernels. I would like to
know if this is by intent? 2. If my platoons hear to what civilians are saying, it is ouch
/ help ...). Can I use these to estimate the civilians status?
BTW, In the civilian simulator terminal window, civilians say quite
a few different things. 3. What is a civilian HP rounded to when it is say 490?
I think currently the kernel rounds it to zero but then
we can not distinguish this civilian from a dead one,
so I think values under 500 are best rounded to 1.

4. TEMPERATURE. This value has significant impact on
extinguishing fires.I haven't had much luck with this attribute.
Although the extended viewer provided by AUT shows this value,
but in my agent's, I have only seen the temperature values 50
and 0 (with no relation to the real value what so ever). I have
even moved the fire brigades inside the buildings to be sure
they are in the specified sense limit, with out a difference.
I would like to know if any team is reading the temperature
value correctly? Or is it a bug?

UPDATE: After commenting the 'rounding' features and also changing
the viewing range to 1000m , I am still only seeing the
temperatures 19 and 20! Uncommenting the civilians debugs on
temperature also report these values only. :(

5. I think temperatures should be sensed from 30 meters not
just 10 meters. This is because a fire can be extinguished
from this distance, and if the temperature is of use, the
FB must be able to monitor it from were he is extinguishing. Thank you, Hadi Asghari, Kosar Team.