Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Complaint

From: Babak BehSaz <bbehsaz@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue 09 May 2006 - 12:08:43 GMT

Dear Alireza,

I have two comments about your complaint.
First, I agree that technical committee should release
the final package sooner than this (sooner than
release time of package 0.49a). I think technical
committee should try to solve this problem for next
years. I think it will promote quality of competitions
dramatically.
But, I think Arash's argument is logical, why don't
you complained when package 0.49a was released? This
change was announced four months ago and now, I think
complaining is not acceptable.
Second, let's look what is RoboCup! According to
explanation of Recoup official site, "RoboCup is an
international joint project to promote AI, robotics,
and related field. It is an attempt to foster AI and
intelligent robotics research by providing a standard
problem where wide range of technologies can be
integrated and examined". Therefore, we technically
expect that team's efforts promote AI. Thus, technical
committee can assume teams designed their agent
according to the concepts and methods of AI.
With this assumption, recent changes made by technical
committee doesn't have any problems (and in my
opinion, they should try to apply such changes in
entire package more and more). They just changed the
precision of data that will be received by agents, not
even model of generation of these data. Hence, it is
obvious that if your team uses an AI method, you will
not confront any problems. Otherwise, it is your
problem that you are not selected a method consistent
with the definition of RoboCup.
Look at most of current teams' methods, THESE METHODS
IS DISASTROUS, not recent changes. I regret to see
that our league made a very few contributions to
promotion of AI, of course if made any (our teams are
only using simple methods to obtain better results
without even trying to use a more scientific
approach!).

Best Regards,
Babak Behsaz
Previous S.O.S. Member