Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Help on Kernel problems or My codes

From: Cameron Skinner <cam@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Mon 17 Apr 2006 - 20:58:20 GMT

Tomoichi Takahashi wrote:
> Hi,
> Questions for 49.03,
> 1.
> Our team has been struggling with TCP connections at version 49.03.
> According to rescue-0.49.3/docs/protocol.ps, protocols have been rewritten.
>
> FireBrigade agents fail receiving TCP packet at time specified
> steps_far_fire_invisible in config.txt by java.lang.RuntimeException:
> (Changing the value from 5 to 10, then at time=10 this happens. :)
>
> Kernel aborted,
> (cf. kernel.log for running ONE firebrigade agent is attached.)
>
> And for Ambulance agents and Police agents, it happens at time = 2.
> (The same code is used for the same communications as FB.)
>
> Could you help me ?
>
> 2.
> Is unit in gisini changed ?
> Civilian0=6,1,4951,22853700,3539300,-1,0,0,0
> in gisini.txt in rescue-0.49.3/maps/Kobe
> Civilian0=6,1,331,231370,35376,-1,0,0,0
> in gisini,txt in rescue-0_48/maps/Kobe
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tomoichi

Hi.

1) It looks like your agents are sending a malformed packet to the
kernel - an Overrun is thrown when a message does not contain all the
required data.

To make it easier to debug I will make the kernel print out some more
informative output when an Overrun is thrown.

Version 0.49.4 will be released this week.

2) There is a new GIS in version 0.49 that requires all objects to have
unique IDs. In older versions ID numbers for roads, nodes and buildings
were not guaranteed to be unique.

The ID numbers in road.bin, node.bin and building.bin have all be
altered so that they are unique and the gisini.txt file has been changed
to match.

This change should not affect most teams.

Cheers,
Cameron.

--
Cameron Skinner