Re: [robocup-rescue-s] 64 setup

From: Brett Parker <iDunno@sommitrealweird.co.uk>
Date: Thu 09 Feb 2006 - 09:01:25 GMT

Utku Tatl??dede <utkutatlidede@gmail.com> wrote:
> Previously before I bought the machine I have asked about your experiences
> about running the simulator on 64 machines but there was no answer. Does
> that mean am the only one that uses this architecture?

I don't use IA64 but I do use AMD64, which is slightly different... I've
got it compiled and running with Sun j2sdk1.5 and it seems to be OK -
there is a small patch that I had to apply to get it to compile
(actually, this cleans up the warnings too when using modern gcc, it
needs looking at a bit more, but it's not too bad...)
  http://www.sommitrealweird.co.uk/robocup/add-64-bit-and-cleanup.diff

If you apply that you'll need to go in to the civilian/setup directory
and do:
        aclocal
        autoconf -f

and the same in civilian/itk

Then remove the file called "configured" in the base of the program
directory, make and it *should* work.

I'm still working through the patch to make it slightly cleaner, then
I'll submit it to the BTS.

Regarding your java problem...

It might be worth taking a look at www.jpackage.org, and building a
j2sdk package using the instructions there (basically, get tar ball of
sun j2sdk, put in right place, build rpm using the .spec file from
jpackage).

Hope that gives you some hints.

Cheers,

--