[robocup-rescue-s] 64 setup

From: Utku Tatlıdede <utkutatlidede@gmail.com>
Date: Thu 09 Feb 2006 - 07:59:26 GMT

Dear friends,
I am trying to run resuce simulation on a 64 bit Intel 4 3000 machine.

The first problem that I have encountered was during jsdk setup.
when I try 64 bit java setup
Unpacking...
Checksumming...
0
0
Extracting...
./j2sdk-1_4_2_10-linux-ia64-rpm.bin: line 395: ./install.sfx.10126: cannot
execute binary file
Done.
The rpm file is not generated so I cannt install any thing. Then I start to
use 32 bit version of the sdk. I have eclipse3.1 64 bit and seem to work
fine.

The second probem is compilation of the simultaion.
it complies all simulators except civilian. the compilation do not create
libitk.so and fails. yesterday with help of the members I tried run civilian
on another machine Fedora 4 32 bit Intel 4 1400. The simulation finished for
Kobe and KobeFinal2. But when I tried VCFinal3 the kernel gets a TCP
Interrupt error at 10th second of the simultaion. In my opinion the kernel
cannot handle the connections with that many civilians which runs on another
machine. I need to find a solution to compile the civilians and make my
runs.

Previously before I bought the machine I have asked about your experiences
about running the simulator on 64 machines but there was no answer. Does
that mean am the only one that uses this architecture?

Normally the environment can be setup in 1 hour on a blank machine. It has
been 4 days I am trying to run the simulation.

I need very urgent help...