Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Re: robocup-rescue-s Digest, Vol 11, Issue 1

From: Cameron Skinner <cam@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Mon 03 Oct 2005 - 01:13:32 GMT

Hi.

If you look at, for example,
https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/mailman/private/robocup-rescue-s/2004/000009.html
you will see that item 18 on the voting form concerns the sending of IDs
at startup. The result of the vote was that IDs should not be sent at
startup, hence the config.txt parameter send_civilians_at_start is set
to false.

Unfortunately, it looks like the archive doesn't go back very far
(December 9 2004) so there probably won't be much information there.

I think most of the options are self-explanatory, such as gis_port,
max_nozzles, max_extinguish_power etc.

I don't know *why* max_extinguish_power is set to 1000 (for example),
and I don't think anyone else on the mailing list knows either (please
correct me if I'm wrong!). Hopefully whoever came up with those numbers
will tell everyone where they came from!

Cheers,
Cameron.

--
Cameron Skinner