Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Problem with the new server

From: Cameron Skinner (cam@cs.auckland.ac.nz)
Date: Wed 25 May 2005 - 00:31:04 GMT

Hi.

There are usually lots of warnings when compiling the civilian because
it uses outdated headers. I have not yet had a chance to fix this and it
is not really a high priority since it should not affect performance.

Unfortunately, there is a known problem with the kernel - occasionally
it will have a segmentation fault after connecting to the gis. I have
not tracked down the source of this bug yet. If the kernel prints out a
large amount of debugging information then you have encountered the same
problem.

Finally, there is also a known problem with simulator components
crashing when the kernel shuts down. I think I know the problem and hope
to have it fixed today.

As for the viewer showing a blank map, I have no idea. Has anyone else
had this problem? If so, can you send me the output from all the
simulators and your OS and compiler version? I would like to be able to
reproduce this bug if possible.

Thanks,
Cameron Skinner.

--