Re: TCP sockets

From: Mohsen Izadi (roboresc_mi@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon 23 Aug 2004 - 14:27:41 GMT

Dear Miguel,

You're right! Most of the changes that most be
made to the current system is the ones you
indicated. But there are also some other points
the should be taken into account such as:

- Currently there's only one socket for receiving
  data from all the agents. But As we transform
  the protocol to TCP/IP there'll be one per each
  agent.

- There should be a good error-handling and recovery
  mechanism in the new protocol.

- We think that it's good to have some new facilities
  to the existing protocol such as the ability to
  reconnect to the kernel in the case of loss of
  connection to the kernel with a new AK_RECONNECT
  packet.

- As you have indicated, these changes should be
  made to the current version of the package with
  as little changes as possible. We think that the
  only part that needs a significant change is the
  kernel and these changes should be made carefully
  in order not to introduce a low-performance or
  buggy kernel.

- May be a good documentation and a small API
  (implemented in both Java and C++) is needed for
  current teams working on the current Rescue
  Simulation system should be made in order to ease
  the process of migrating their codes to the new
  system.

Regards,
Mohsen Izadi,
S.O.S. Member