Re: TCP sockets

From: Miguel Arroz (arroz@guiamac.com)
Date: Mon 23 Aug 2004 - 14:37:40 GMT

Hi!

> - May be a good documentation and a small API
> (implemented in both Java and C++) is needed for
> current teams working on the current Rescue
> Simulation system should be made in order to ease
> the process of migrating their codes to the new
> system.

   I'm writing an API in LISP for Rescue clients (that's why I'm dealing
with all this low-level stuff). But I have found the problem of loosing
packets, that has no solution at all with the current protocol... it
would be great to cooperate with you guys in the new TCP version. I
hope we can make it rapidly, in order for it to be tested as soon as
possible by all teams, and also because I have to finish my master
ASAP! :-)

   The current Java API should support the transition to TCP sockets in
a way that is transparent for it's users... I think that's possible to
do. If not, the changes to the clients should be minimal, I guess.
Well, but LISP rules anyway! :-)

   Yours

Miguel Arroz

       "I felt like putting a bullet between
        the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't
        scr*w to save its species." -- Fight Club

   Miguel Arroz - arroz@guiamac.com - http://www.guiamac.com