Re: Number of computers

From: jteu004@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Date: Sun 20 Jun 2004 - 20:34:49 GMT

To all concerned,

While I agree that there is a significant decrease in computing power since
last year's competition, I find it unlikely that any teams should be affected.

Our agents perform some quite complex analysis at each timestep, using
unoptimized code. What's worse is that it is written in Java. Running all
agents under Windows on a 1.8GHz machine never uses more than 20% of the CPU
time available. Infact, the only problems experienced are network ones.

It seems to me that the time we have available should be sufficient to allow
teams to implement any ideas they have. Particularly since costly processes
can now be pre-processed.

Cheers,
Jonathan Teutenberg.
The Black Sheep