Re: Hosting events

From: Arnoud Visser (arnoud@science.uva.nl)
Date: Mon 05 Jan 2004 - 14:33:18 GMT

At 10:44 AM 1/5/2004 +1300, you wrote:
>Hi everybody.
>
>As you hopefully know we are hosting the first "Rescue Middle Earth"
>competition in August 2004 here in Auckland, New Zealand (see
>www.rescuemiddleearth.cs.auckland.ac.nz for details). I would like to
>get in touch with people who have already hosted events (e.g. the
>Japanese/German/American/Australian opens) so we can get some idea of what
>sort of resources we will require - how many computers, rooms etc.
>
>Could anyone who has any experience with hosting robocup rescue
>simulation competitions please contact me and I'll start picking your
>brains.
>
>Thanks,
>Cameron Skinner
>The Black Sheep
>Department of Computer Science
>The University of Auckland

At the German Open 2003, we shared a room and two Linux-clusters with the
Soccer Simulation. The room was 'closed' for public, but on the wall outside
the computer room there was a large beamer with the city on fire.

This worked better than the small screens behind the programmers as in Padua.

Regards,

Arnoud Visser