Re: Proposal[Part #1: Simulation Environment]

From: Petr Benda (petr@zion.cz)
Date: Mon 15 Dec 2003 - 21:05:19 GMT

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 bibaj@feld.cvut.cz wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> > As far as I understand it, Mohsen does not mean to change the IDs every
> > cycle, but only at the start of each simulation and then leave it this
> > way for all cycles of this simulation.
> > So the agent could stay the same, as the IDs stay the same during one
> > simulation.
> > The reason for this change is the wish to make preprocessing harder.
>
> Well, now I see... :)
>

> > > In actual implementation, agents have to
> > > determine (only) from a history, maintained on their own, from which side
> > they
> > > entered the blocked Road, to be able plan a path back. Actually it is
> > > impossible to do so only from information concerning the apropriate Road,
> > > because PositionExtra is not (even though should me) useful for it.
> > It is useful - the documentation states, that the block sits in the
> > middle of the road (middle between head and tail), so the agents are
> > stopped at the corresponding side of the blockade: If position_extra >
> > (road.length/2), the agent is nearer to the tail, otherwise it is nearer
> > to the head. The node the agent came from is the node he is nearest to.
> > We use this implementation and it works perfectly.
>
> Oh really? Well, OK - I remember I have caught somewhere sometimes earlier it
> did not... sorry for confusing

Dear all,

I'm probably responsible for opinion of my colleague Jiri. I did some
experiments which show that positionExtra doesn't work properly. Tell
me where is the mistake, please.

I used kernel 0.41 with default parameters with all simuators except
firesimulator and with 1 PoliceForce agent. Everything runs on freeBSD
4.9.

Example 1: agent went from node 1531 to node 1303. Kernel stopped him on
road 528. PositionExtra is 6634. 1531 is tail of road 528, length of road
is 13000.
Everything seems OK if positionExtra is zero on the head of the road.

Example 2: agent went from node 1388 to node 927. Kernel stopped him on
road 583. PositionExtra is 3123. 1388 is head of road 583, length of road
927 is 6000. But the agent stands behind the middle (behind blockade) of
the road.

Thank you,

Petr Benda