Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Some comments about the maps used in 4th day of the 1st round

From: Cameron Skinner <cam_at_cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 06:49:46 +1200

>> 1. The Foligno-5 can not be used with the server available on the head
>> version of RCR's SVN.

The head version is version 0.50. There are a number of changes in
version 0.50, including the format of the gisini.txt, so maps made for
0.49+ will not work on version 0.50.

>> 2. We could not find any center (Ambulance Center, Fire Station, and
>> Police
>> Office) in the Foligno-5. Of course there are centers specified in
>> gisini.txt, but we can not find any trace of them on the log viewer.

If they are in the gisini then they exist in the map.

>> 3. Random seeds of the Kobe-3 and Kobe-4, are different among teams. (You
>> can see the difference between Impossibles2007 and other teams)

No, random seeds are the same. The misc simulator is behaving strangely,
but it is the same simulator that has been used since 2003 so it is too
late to complain about it for this competition.

>> 4. The Random-7 is an exceptional map, really exceptional. We have never
>> seen a map that has some fire on some buildings, and these fires are
>> disappeared after the 2nd cycle. There is an other interesting issue with
>> this map. In cycle 0 (The initial cycle), there are blockades on the map.

I think this is because the new scenario generator saves blocked roads
and ignition properties. These will be sent to the viewer on startup,
but will be replaced with the correct values when the simulators start.
This issue will not affect the competition.

>> 5. On the right bottom of the Random-8, there is a block with two
>> civilians.
>> None of the agents can enter this block ( I mean the agents of all teams).

I have checked Random-8 and it is fully connected. I don't know why
teams do not enter this block, but it is not a problem with the map.

>> 6. There are some building in the Random-9 and the Random-11 that do not
>> have any accessible entrance. By accessible entrance, I mean an entrance
>> that has one endpoint to a road and one to the building. Also the Road
>> should be accessible!

This is correct. There was a problem in the tool used for modifying the
random maps after generation but it has now been fixed.

>> We have just one request for today's map. Please do not give us any map,
>> be
>> it Random or not, that has any of the issues listed above.

Of course, we do our best to ensure there are no problems. The only real
issue you mentioned is the disconnected segments in Random-9 and
Random-11. This has now been fixed.

Regards,
Cameron.