[robocup-rescue-s] 2007 Competition Comments (until now)

From: Ahmad Boorghany <boorghany_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 03:43:31 +0400

Hello everyone,

You know this is the third day of RoboCup2007 competitions holding in
Atlanta. First I want to appreciate committee members which do their best to
have a good competition here, then I want to make some comments about the
competition and games.

- You know since the second day games result are not uploading on the wiki
page (because technical problems, it seems) and also there is no other way
to obtain the results until the end of the round, if you want to know the
scores you should sit down in front of screens and wait for the game to
finish. It is difficult so teams can not evaluate their situation during
running of the games. I just want to ask from the committee to solve this
problem by fixing wiki page online updating or writing scores after each
game somewhere (e.g. a board).

- My second comment is about the maps used these days. I think these maps do
not have required variety to evaluate team's behavior. You can categorized
most maps in 2 groups which has too many similarities. for example:
   1) maps with many fires (not controllable fires - huge portion of city
burns for all teams) and too many blockades (whole map seems blocked).
   2) maps with some small fires (which most teams extinguish it easily) and
there are no considerable blocks.

However there are some exceptions but anyone views the logs can sense this
lack of variety.

I hope that the committee takes care of these for coming rounds.

Regards,
Ahmad.