Re: [robocup-rescue-s] kernel speed

From: Ahmad Boorghany <boorghany_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:41:10 +0330

Hi,

There is a "step" option in the configuration file of the server
(boot/config.txt). Its default value is 1000 (1000 milliseconds = 1 second)
and it determines each cycle width. You can use a smaller step to make the
simulation faster.

But be careful and don't reduce it too much. If you change it to 100 (for
example) your simulation is 10 times faster but the time for each agent to
decide will be 50 milliseconds (too little) and the server will not wait for
agents to send their commands. In addition, as you know telling
communication is asynchronous and delays of server, network, OS, etc affect
telling delay. In a normal game with 2 or 3 computers, this delay is about
200 milliseconds. You should consider it.

As another question, 200 milliseconds seems too big for telling delay. Does
anyone know why? or maybe I've made a mistake. Can I know others opinion?

Best regards,
Ahmad.