[robocup-rescue-s] Competition Package Release

From: Sarvapali D. Ramchurn <sdr_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 18:45:42 +0100

Dear all,

You can download the package that will be used for the competition at Atlanta at:

http://www.robocuprescue.org/robocup2007/package/49withCBS.zip

This version allows for channel based communication and preserves the
stability of the 0.49.9 version. This has been possible thanks to the
efforts of Mohammad Saboorian mainly.

Hopefully, this package should be fair to most if not everyone.

You should all try to get your code to work with this new package as
soon as possible and report on bugs as soon as you find/resolve them
so we can have a good competition at Atlanta.

The parameters of the channel based communication will be:

channel_say_count : 1
channel_radio_count : 10
max_platoon_message_count : 4

These parameters will be described in more detail in the new rules
document in the next few days.

Rescuecore is not supported yet - so anyone who has implemented the
channel-based communication in Rescuecore should let us know so we can
advertise it to other teams.

Apologies for this late post but you probably all know why we have been
delayed by now.

Regards

Gopal

on behalf of the OC/TC