[robocup-rescue-s] Qualification Procedure and Deadline

From: Sarvapali Ramchurn <sdr@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon 29 Jan 2007 - 09:28:39 GMT

Dear Participants,

We have now compiled the list of all pre-registered teams and finalised the
procedure for qualification. The qualification process will, as in previous
years, consist of submitting your team description paper, a Team
Participation Form, and two log files of two runs of your agents.

The deadline to do this is the **29th of February 2007**.

The examplar TDP/TPF is attached to this email and you read it well before
writing yours.

Quality
-------
For teams that have previously participated in the competition, the quality
of the TDP should be that of a conference-level scientific paper and should
depict what you produced in the previous year and what's going to be new
this year. The two parts should be clearly delineated in your descriptions.
Also, you will need to report on the experience your team members gained in
previous robocup events.

For new teams, we will only require broad descriptions of your intended
techniques as we understand your strategies/code will significantly change
as you better understand the problem. Note that your TDP should
nevertheless be complete and show some creativity for it to be acceptable.
However, you will still need to report on the base code you use in the TPF.

Criteria for acceptance
-----------------------

Note that there are many criteria for acceptance which include but not limit
to (and not in priority order of any sort):

1. Quality of TDP (i.e. readability, clarity, originality of technique used,
contribution to state- of-the-art)

2. Proof of working code (i.e. through log files)

3. Geographic location (i.e. whether teams from a given country have
previously participated or not)

The details of the scenarios upon which you will need to run your agents and
generate a logfile will be sent to you by the 1st of February.

Review Process
--------------
The review process will involve at least two members of the
technical/organisation committee for each submission.

Notification
------------
We expect to give notifications of acceptance by the **15th of March 2007**
so that you can start making preparations (i.e. visas) to attend the event
in Atlanta.

Summary
-------
So, to summarise, by the 29th of February, you need to post your
TDP/TPF/logfiles on a website and send the link to Alexander Kleiner
[kleiner@informatik.uni-freiburg.de] or myself (sdr@ecs.soton.ac.uk) .
Alternatively, you can mail us your TDP/TPF directly and include a link
where we can download the logfiles from.

Please note that this year, there will be changes to the scoring method used
and a number of minor changes to the simulator. You will be notified in the
coming weeks.

Regards,

Rescue Simulation TC & OC