[robocup-rescue-s] Re: simple questions about robocup rescue simulator

From: Cameron Skinner <cam@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Wed 24 May 2006 - 01:39:02 GMT

Felipe S. Boffo wrote:
> I would be very happy :-) if you can answer this questions:
>
> 1) If I want to bind the kernel to another IP (other than
> 127.0.0.1) how do I do that? Where the others simulators (miscsimulator
> for instance) find the correct port and ip to bind? Do I need to
> pass command line parameters to the other simulators and GIS to inform
> the correct host/port of the kernel? What are these parameters?
> In config.txt there are port numbers for gis and kernel, but not ip for
> hosts.

The system does not currently support binding to a different IP address.
You can report this as a feature request via sourceforge
(http://www.sf.net/projects/roborescue) - just follow the "Feature
requests" link.

> 2) I'm having problems with the morimoto viewer and traffic simulator.
>
> They seem to need java 1.3.0 (that's what morimoto ReadMe tells me),
> right?

They will run on java 1.3.0 or above.

> 3) I intend to address the problem of fire first. It is possible to run
> just GIS + Kernel + traffic simulator + fire simulator + morimoto viewer?
> Do I need the traffic simulator in order to move my fire brigades?
> Without collapsesimulator there will be no road blocks and there will be
> no need to use police force agents, right?
> Without miscsimulator no people will get injured?
> And without civilian simulator there will be no people to get hurt?

Sure, just modify boot/all.sh and remove the simulators you don't want
to use. The blockadessimulator places road blocks, collapsesimulator
calculates building damage, traffic simulator handles all movement, misc
handles damage/HP and clear/load/unload/rescue commands. You will always
need the civilian simulator because the kernel waits until all agents
have connected - civilians are treated in exactly the same way as other
agents by the kernel (with the exception of the "civilian sense hack").

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Cameron.

--