Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Complaint

From: Utku Tatlędede <utkutatlidede@gmail.com>
Date: Tue 09 May 2006 - 13:23:39 GMT

Dear All,
In the previous years competition Impossibles team have implemented a method
to increase the accuracy of the civilian lifetime estimation. If you watch
any logs from the previous year I am sure that you can realize the method as
their signature.
Now
1- I don't agree nor disagree with any comments. I dont know the things in
detail. I just want to emphasize that a good estimator is one thing a good
exploration strategy is another thing.
2- I dont say other teams didnt implement such methods I just remember
Impossibles was using a strategy which our team did not implemented. May be
other teams also implemented such strategies but I was interested in
Impossibles because of their success.
3- I remember an email about the change very long ago but I could have time
to retrain my algorithm however I believe that it will handle the case since
it will say hurryup to my agents. I think the only problem is receiving 0
for hp under 500 which the civilian is alive but the agents may sense it as
dead...
4- I think the problem is not change of sense, the new comuniction
protocoll. I had to reimplement the tools/viewers we before and try to run
kernel at start and lost almost two month (I tried to port the code base to
rescuecore inthe mean time) upto the kernel 0.49.3 is released. Now I
develop on 0.48 and it will be a big surprise for me to run the agents on
the new version. I cant use 0.49.5 because the civilian simulator uses to
much CPU on my machine...

Best regards...