Re: [robocup-rescue-s] Flood simulator

From: Alexander Kleiner <kleiner@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: Thu 23 Feb 2006 - 09:01:58 GMT

Hi Pitor,

>Hi everybody.
>
>Right now I am writing my master thesis. I have choosed "Modeling
>and simulation of flood threaths for city agglomerations". I am
>planing to use Rescue system as base for my simulator, so I wonder
>if anybody has made anny attempt to develop or design such simulator?

Not as far as I know, but we planned to start development on this soon since it is of course a socially very significant topic.
Its good idea of yours to work on this.

>I am from Poland, nither earth quakes nor tsunami are present, so
>Rescue system is thought to be only academic or competition purpose
>project. But floods happens pretty oftenf, so that's why I decided
>to write my master thesis.

A simulator design should also be academically verified, but a competition has also practical aspects, so we are not purely academic.

>So if you are interested in my work, or have any information abaout
>attempts to create flood simulator for Robocup Rescue, please
>contact me at falainfeka@o2.pl

Before you start, you should read carefully about the structure of RRS components and also read the code of other simulators. This is, if you like, the practical part: To make it also running (and usable for agents) within the RoboCupRescue. A lot of info, for example, is found on the mailing list.

Cheers,
alex