Re: [robocup-rescue-s] fedora 4 intel 64 bit

From: Arash Rahimi <rahimi@ce.aut.ac.ir>
Date: Wed 08 Feb 2006 - 09:34:19 GMT

Dear Utku,

Check this link:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Follow the link 'Download J2SE SDK' and check the
bottom of the page.

Fortunately, there are IA64 versions of J2SE 1.4.2_10
(which are intended to be used on Intel Itanium 64-bit
stations) at Sun Microsystem's official website. I have
successfully installed one on an IA-64bit machine and
it worked without any problems.

BTW, you would be able to install J2se 1.4.2_x 32bit
on your machine by hacking some configuration files
but you may face serious problems with some Java
programs to run.

Regards,
Arash Rahimi