Re: [robocup-rescue-s] agent position when receiving KA_HEAR_SAY

From: Arash Rahimi <rahimi@ce.aut.ac.ir>
Date: Tue 07 Feb 2006 - 08:45:25 GMT

Dear Mattijs,

Just a few additional points on Mohammad's useful comments:

 KA_HEAR messages are received just before the next step
starts, so your agents does not know its position in the
new cycle. If you would like to process the messages after
your agent has received its new world-model, you can save
the messages your agent receives somewhere and postpone
the task of choosing and processing the appropriate messages
after your agent has received its new world-model.

Doing so has also some other merits the most important of
which is the possibility to use a better strategy to choose
the messages your agent would like to read. In other words,
if your agent, just after receiving a message, wants to
decide whether to select it for reading or not, it has to
decide only based on the sender of the current message and
its decision for the previous messages it has received in
the current step. As a result, strategies like 'first of
all, choose all the messages from your station and then if
you can still read messages, read as many as you can from
the civilians' would not be possible to implement. On the
other hand, if your agent saves all the messages it receives
and at the start of the next step decides to read the most
appropriate ones, it is potentially able to implement all
the possible strategies for choosing messages.

Regards,
Arash Rahimi