Re: [robocup-rescue-s] KA_HEARSAY

From: Majid Valipour <majidvp@gmail.com>
Date: Tue 31 Jan 2006 - 09:02:16 GMT

Hi,

I'm some how approving Arash point of view, that if a team reversed engineer
a simulator, it has wasted its time,and we should some how avoid this to
happen ... [to conduct rescuer research in much more valuable fields]

'the state of a simulator the behaviour of which cannot be directly/easily
simulated
by just studying its source-code' [Arash] ==> 'less information is available
to the agents than is provided by the simulators, and that the simulator
behaviour is
either non-deterministic, parameterised or both' [Cammeron].

These are good ideas,But we should be careful in implementing them.
Though It is right that we should prevent agent developers being able to
model simulators by studying source code, the solution addressing this
problem shouldn't create a simulator which can't be modelled even using
data mining, and learning methods.
Therefore, i think hiding simulator state by adding some error to its
corresponding values is a good and an easy implementable solution, but the
error should be less than 2% of actual value [in case of HP +-20 points] .
Also attempts at having more randomized simulator should be carefully done
to avoid the mentioned problem of having a completely random simulator.

Regards
Majid Valipour,
Member of Impossibles team,
Sharif University of Technology.