[robocup-rescue-s] Movement-YAB-API

From: Christoph Spielmann <spielc@gmail.com>
Date: Sun 15 Jan 2006 - 17:32:48 GMT

Hi!

I'm trying to make my agents move for quite some time now, but I'm stuck
at the moment.

According to the documentation, a HumanoidAgent has four methods to move
around in the world:

<cid:part1.02020506.09030008@gmail.com>*(java.util.Collection destinations)|

<cid:part2.09060004.00090806@gmail.com>*(int[] routePlan)|

<cid:part3.03020909.00050707@gmail.com>*(MotionlessObject
<cid:part4.09090204.05050307@gmail.com> destination)|

|protected void| |*move <cid:part5.01060101.04010204@gmail.com>*(Route
<cid:part6.05080205.08050507@gmail.com> routePlan)|

I have my reasons so i'm not using the build in methods to get a Route.

First I tried the obvious method: In the documentation of robocup rescue
("How to Develop a RoboCupRescue Agent") it is said that:

A humanoid can move in the disaster space --- a platoon can drive a car
and a civilian family can walk
--- by submitting an AK MOVE block (Figure 25). The routePlan must be a
statement acceptable by an
automaton shown in Figure 26, which consists of the current position as
the origin and a series of objects
reaching the destination. When the humanoid is loaded by an ambulance,
the origin is the ambulance's
position. Every object that comprises a routePlan must be a
MotionlessObject.

So i thought i just use the move(int[]) method, giving it all the Nodes
it should visit when going from it's current position to the
destination. but that's a no go, if i use that nothing happens at all.
(tried both: adding my current position to array and leaving it out
makes no change...)

When i use the move(Collection destination) i can get it to work but it
takes like forever to have my agents move from A to B because I have to
move them from Node to Node.

I would be grateful if anybody could point out what i'm not seeing!

Regards,

Christoph