[robocup-rescue-s] The 1st Announce for Rescue-Sim., RoboCup 2006.

From: <jackson@ita.br>
Date: Tue 13 Dec 2005 - 23:21:32 GMT

:

Dear Nobuhirosan

I'm focusing in 2 possible scenarios:

Scenario 1 - Releasing the new package on march.
Teams will work on the nowadays server until qualification, but will not try new
or complex solutions, they will probabily preffer to wait until the 2006 package
release to work at full speed. The best teams would even preffer to develop only
for the new package, using old teams for qualification. This way new teams will
need to develop 2 teams while the best teams from 2005 will work direct on the
team for Bremen.

Scenario 2 - Releasing the new package on June at Bremen
Teams will work at full speed from now, using the nowadays server, knowing that
the effort will be usefull for the qualify and for Bremen. With more 6 months to
develop the final team, teams would employ new and more complex techniques.
TC will also have more time to release a stable version of the crowd simulator.
>From June to the next World Championship teams will work on the new package, and
more modifications should only be released at the next World Championship. This
way tems will always have one year to develop in the new server, and not just 3
months... (also TC will always have one year to implement and test the
modifications on the server). The modifications should also be show before the
final match (or just after).

I really think that delaying the new package 3 months will not delay any
development or improvement in the research of the teams, it is just the
opposite, if new packages were released only at the World Championships, teams
will aways have one year to research and develop... and would active best
results than if they have just 3 months to develop for the new server...

So I really think tha scenario 2 is the best :-)

Jackson Matsuura
Departamento de Sistemas e Controle
Divisão de Engenharia Eletrônica
ITA - Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica
São José dos Campos - SP - Brasil

jackson@ita.br
http://www.ele.ita.br/~jackson/