[robocup-rescue-s] The 1st Announce for Rescue-Sim., RoboCup 2006.

From: Jackson Matsuura <jackson@ita.br>
Date: Mon 12 Dec 2005 - 14:59:39 GMT

Gentlemen

I would like to reinforce Behsaz suggestion:
"... use the same environment as 2005 Competitions (without the features of
the RoboCup2005 voting, which are not implemented yet) with just fixing the
bugs and important problems."

But for a different reason.

I think that new features and modifications must be made in the simulation
environment to upgrade it and make the challenges more difficult, but I
think that the best time to announce and release the modifications is in
the RoboCup World Championship. This way, all teams would have about one
year to adapt themselves to the new environment and to solve the new problems.

If the new environment was released between the qualification and the world
championship, teams will need to work in a team for the qualification and
them in another team for the competition.
It would be worst for new teams (like my case) that need to learn how one
simulation works and build a team for the qualification and then modify the
team for the competition.

I think that delaying the release of the new simulation to June will bring
more benefits for all, and would not compromise the general development of
the category.
 From June to the next year, all teams would start to work in the new
environment, and the next modifications would be release on the next world
championship.
Sounds reasonable?

Abraços
Jackson