[robocup-rescue-s] Problems starting the simulation framework

From: Christoph Spielmann <spielc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon 21 Nov 2005 - 22:01:23 GMT

Hi everybody!

I'm working on a Multi-Agent project for my studies. To test the
functionality of my solutions i thought of using the Robocup Rescue
Simulation framework as a testbed cuz it already has most of the
infrastructure i need (UserInterface and most of all a already working
simulation environment)

After spending hours in getting the framework to compile (i'm using
0.48) with gcc 4.0.2 on Gentoo Linux i was finally able to make it work
and compile. And now i'm confronted with another strange problem i was
working on almost all afternoon and i can't seem to find my mistake:

When i start the simulation framework with the provided run.sh-script
everything seems to go as expected: First the GIS-module is loaded,
after that the kernel and then firesimulator, blockadessimulator,
trafficsimulator, collapsesimulator and at last the module for the
civilians. When i start the viewer by executing 2viewer.sh i get a map
with alot of colorful points and areas (btw. what is the meaning of the
colors?!?) and than... nothing! The time-display of the viewer is not
changing at all it is at time 0 and doesn't change no matter what it
do... If i start the sample-agent(s) that come with the yab-api (version
1.0) it seems to work but i get no output at all so i can't say if
startup of the agents succeded or not but as i get no error-msg i guess
everything is okey (feel free to correct me if i am wrong...) but
nothing changes in the viewer, the simulation time continues to stay at
0, the kernel spits msgs like this: free agents = 0, 10, 1, 5, 1, 10, 1
no ack=0... That's it nothing more nothing less...

Maybe someone can give me a hint, where i could start to look for an
error or what i've missed?

Regards,

Christoph Spielmann