[robocup-rescue-s] A serious problem...

From: baris.eker (baris.eker@cs.com.tr)
Date: Fri 18 Feb 2005 - 12:13:44 GMT

Hello,

We are trying to making runs for qualification.
Today, I download v0.46 alpha2 from sourceforge
and meet a problem while compiling and solved
it by replacing a line. When, I run the all.sh
everyting run except firesimulator. A fire
simulator that does not exist is addressed
in all.sh. When we look at the program/firesimulator
directory we see that there is a different simulator
than the one in v0.46 alpha2. Firesimulator in alpha2
is written in Java, and v0.46 alpha is written in C/C++.
We tried running new fire simulator that is in Java separately,
it runs, however it progresses unexpectedly fast. At the
end we started making runs using all from v0.46 alpha2
except firesimulator and used it from v0.46 alpha.

I think the problem is several versions is walking
around and we are not sure about what version we'll
be using. The question is not the latest version from
sourceforge, because it is not running. In my opinion,
commitee should be sure about a running version and
it should be fixed in the remainig 2-3 days. We should
not download it from sourceforge, but from rescue webpage.

Best regards,
Baris Eker