Re: RoboCupRescue Implementation Progress

From: Cameron Skinner (cam@cs.auckland.ac.nz)
Date: Wed 14 Apr 2004 - 21:13:21 GMT

> Hi,
>
> I assume everybody here would be interested to know whether the
> "aftershock" feature mentioned in the 2004 rules (1-a-i) will or will
> not be used in the competition, and what exactly this will mean: Will
> agents "feel" aftershocks? Will shocks lead to new collapses, new
> blockades, new injuries, new firepoints, etc.?

I believe the "aftershock" feature has NOT been implemented (correct me if
I'm wrong). The source code will all the changes is in the sourceforge
repository (http://sf.net/projects/roborescue).

The new hear messages, random object IDs and nozzle limitations have all
been implemented.

Feel free to develop/maintain/update the simulator components, or write
new components. You can use the sourceforge.net development process to
submit patches, report bugs, request features and generally find out what
needs doing. Any changes will be approved by the technical committee
before being committed to the repository.

Cameron Skinner
The Black Sheep
Department of Computer Science
The University of Auckland