Re: Message Length Limitation

From: Mohsen Izadi (roboresc_mi@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun 22 Feb 2004 - 06:23:21 GMT

Dear Zijian,

> but we need to cooperate with new changes in rescue
> 0.44. Rescue 0.44 uses
> random object IDs which is 9 bytes long while object
> IDs in old rescue is
> 1-4 bytes.

IDs in rescue-0.44 are also 4 bytes long, it means
that a 32-bit Integer is being used for transfering
IDs(no change from rescue-0.43).

> One goal of rescue simulation, in my opionin, is to
> simulate the real rescue
> situation. We need to discuss which way is more
> realistic and popular in
> real rescue communication situation, very short
> messages (such as 80 bytes)
> or relatively long messges (such as 256 bytes)?

We also think that it's a good point for discussion.
With a 256-byte message agents can easily share
dynamic properties of the whole city with each
other within just 2 messages. It certainly is not
the case in real rescue situations.

Regards,
Mohsen Izadi,
S.O.S. Member