Re: Problem with rescue 0.43 kernel

From: bibaj@feld.cvut.cz
Date: Sat 07 Feb 2004 - 10:00:23 GMT

Hi all RoboCuppers,

I have also noted similar problem, but on more kernel versions (since 0.41):
agents are sometimes stopped by kernel in movement without any reason - other
agents were able to pass by, but the problematic agent was not able to move.
Neither kernel nor any other simulator module reported any error. Even the
agent stoped for few cycles (was idle and performed no actions) and then send
the AK_MOVE command again, it moved no more (even though the planned path was
objectivelly correct and no blockade was in the surroundings of the agent).
There are specific ROADs in the graph where this problems occur. The appearance
is random, but if such problem occurs, it occus in the same location with the
same agent in multiple runs (I checked the route from the problematic agent and
others and the problematic agent sends correct path aggreeing to paths of other
agents, but the begining of the route is shifted about an offset - e.g. the
agent passing by sends route A-B-C-D-E-F and the problematic agent that stans
on C sends C-D-E-F-G-A). I treat it as a kernel bug - there probably occur some
problem with AK_MOVE that breaks down any further movement abilities of the
specific agent.

Bebe
BB_Agents