Re: [rescue:5535] Re: Proposals for RoboCupRescue 2003 regulations

From: Ranjit Nair (nair@usc.edu)
Date: Sat 12 Oct 2002 - 20:44:35 GMT

    Dear friends,

    This forum is an opportunity for all of us to present our suggestions and
    to engage in fruitful discussions towards improving RoboCupRescue, both as
    a research platform as well as a competition. However, it is saddening to
    see people losing sight of this bigger picture and indulging in petty
    bickering.

    Proposals should be judged on their merit without dissecting them for
    hidden motives. Any discussion of the merit of a proposal is not only
    welcome but encouraged. Please let us not indulge in personal attacks on
    the integrity of others.

    With respect to the proposals arriving after their deadline, as a
    committee member I would suggest extending the deadline by a week or two
    to accomodate more discussions and more proposals. This of course is
    subject to this not adversely affecting the other milestones that have
    been chalked out.

    Regards,

    Ranjit