Re: Re: Re: Re: Some rules-questions

From: takahashi_tomoichi (ttaka@isc.chubu.ac.jp)
Date: Mon 22 Apr 2002 - 13:05:43 GMT

Dear Mayssam,

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 08:11:11 +0430 (IRST),
Mayssam Sayyadian <sayadian@ce.sharif.edu> said:

S> Dear professor Takahashi,

S> I think the current rule is very clear and
S> non-ambigous that simple messages means stream of
S> characters which according to current implementation
S> of th kernel is bounded to 512 bytes (unfortunately).
S> There is NO CONSTRAINT on the content of the messages.

        This is one of definitions of "simple sentence". However,
        I think your definition and Ikuo's proposal are similiar
        to define the length of sentences not their contents, while
        rules of 2001 defined forms/contents of sentences.
        (cf. http://kiyosu.isc.chubu.ac.jp/robocup/Rescue/note2001.html )

S> Of course according to official rules the messaging
S> system should be capable of delivering messages
S> to targets (when we say), that again according to
S> the current implementation of the kernel it is
S> not possible.

S> The only ambiguity is whether we can use the content
S> of the messages to specify the target (since the kernel
S> itself doesn't support this feature) or not.

S> In other words, reading messages only for finding out
S> the target means studying the message (and therefore
S> shall be counted as one of the four messages an agent
S> can hear each cycle) or not.

        In this point, Ikuo's -12kkID format- proposal specifies
        target ID clearly.
        As far as you implement at most 100 sentences, you may
        code messages with more 512 byes by kk-digits instead of
        telling/saying directly messages limited by 512 bytes.

        And Ikuo's proposals provide us a way to select four sentences
        by target IDs without reading messages.

S> Regards,
S> -Mayssam S.

        Best regards,
        Tomoichi T.

 Tomoichi TAKAHASHI, Dr. Eng.
        College of Business Administration and Information Science
        CHUBU UNIVERSITY
                E-mail: ttaka@isc.chubu.ac.jp
                homepage: http://kiyosu.isc.chubu.ac.jp/robocup/index.html