[robocup-rescue-s] CiberMouse@RTSS2007 CFP

From: Jos?uno Panelas Nunes Lau <nunolau_at_ua.pt>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:01:48 +0100

We apologize for multiple receipts.

****** 3rd Students Design Competition *******
            +++ RTSS 2007 +++

CiberMouse_at_RTSS2007
Dec 3, 2007
Tucson, Arizona, USA
http://www.ieeta.pt/~lau/web_ciberRTSS07/

Call for Participation

A competition among autonomous robotic agents that have to
rescue
three rally teams lost in the desert during the last
Lisbon-Dakar
rally. Cars send a localization RF beacon that is used to
guide the
rescue agents. No GPS info is available. Each agent can
only rescue
one team. Which team will be rescued first in order to
continue the
race asap?

Make your own team and participate in this challenge by
programming
the rescue agent to reach the beacon and return. It is a
great way to
test your skills in reactive real-time programming.

Technically, the rules are similar to last year rules
(check the
website). The tools are all available so that you can
develop and
test you robotic agent.

Stay tuned. We will keep you posted. If you already have
an interest
on this, send us an email! (see our contacts on the
webpage!). It is
the best way to be aware of the lastest news.

About the teams

Participating teams should be composed by graduate or
undergraduate
students, possibly including one senior member. The
ranking will be only one
but there will be special awards to the best team of grad
students and to
the best team with undergrad only students (not counting
with a possible
advisor).

Other requirements

Teams will also be requested to submit a short paper with
up to 4 pages
(IEEE conference format) about the design techniques used,
as well as to do
a short presentation of such techniques during the event.

Important dates

October 19 - pre-registration, so that we know the
interested teams.
November 10 - effective registration and short paper
submission
December 3 - competition day!

Organizers
  Luis Almeida lda_at_ua.pt
  Nuno Lau nunolau_at_ua.pt
  Artur Pereira artur_at_det.ua.pt
  Paulo Pedreiras pbrp_at_ua.pt
  Andreia Melo andreia.pb.melo_at_gmail.com