[robocup-rescue-s] Centralized Decisions

From: Adolfo Bravo Ferreira <adolfo.ferreira_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:42:34 +0300

Hi folks!

Thanks Cameron Skinner for your detailed answer!
I have another question:
Starting from my old question:
> 4) Can I center all strategy in a external class ? For example: All communication from all platoon comes to
> this peace of code and they decide what to do ?
> The only restriction on code is that agents are not allowed to share
>their world model. For example, in Java you can't have something like:
> public class MyAgentClass {
> private static WorldModel modelForAllAgents;
>}
> because all instances of MyAgentClass will use the same WorldModel
>object. The idea is that we're trying to model the real world and having
>shared state like this is not realistic.
>There is nothing stopping you having external classes for performing
>computation, communication or anything else. Just make sure you don't
>share state between agents.

Can I center all status information of buildings, road, platoon in a single class?
All I want is the humanoids such as fire brigade and police will sense and send a message using tell command to this centralized peace of code and then it will decide based on priorities, location and last actions.
Can I do that ? Is it a good idea or I should let the agents autonomous?

Thanks!

Adolfo Ferreira