grandiose

From: Herron <grhdk@groosman.org>
Date: Sun 19 Nov 2006 - 00:12:30 GMT

So you will need help from other people. After our table of test results hadcolumns from one or two tools, several other developers came out of thewoodwork and said "here are my results too. This has its own limits and issues but gives a good starting point. Maybe the Web Elders know.
Even before writing any prose about it, a test case is designed.
After our table of test results hadcolumns from one or two tools, several other developers came out of thewoodwork and said "here are my results too. Often the chosen criteria will be to have two interoperable implementations of each feature.
Similarly, how can software developers better determine the correctness of the software they are creating?
com, could I please get information about today's weather? But those are not the sole ones, and one is used to edit documents: PUT. This has its own limits and issues but gives a good starting point.
org web site, and to be responsive in spirit as well as in letter to public comments. This has its own limits and issues but gives a good starting point.
And there's always the mailing lists.
When implementations of the same feature differ, it can mean that the specification is ambiguous, that the test is wrong, or that one or more implementations are incorrect. The popular implementations of HTML have never matched the DTD, and even the DTD isn't keeping up with XHTML specifications, let alone SVG or RDF. We think there should be a tool to gather observations made on a single document by various validators and quality checkers, and summarize all of that neatly for the user. Could you also help me with my homework?
Whether you're juggling with Java or rolling on Rails, we are waiting to be wooed away by your implementation, and we would love to list your libraries on the validator's site.
Is there nothing you can do? It was a good server, never out of resources, always willing to give you what you asked for. We require validation tools that work and are kept up to date.
Maybe we should give it a second chance.
As the history of CSS shows, we do a lot better when we add test suites to the mix. Similarly, how can software developers better determine the correctness of the software they are creating?
Yet, The Web community often voices two completely opposite opinions.
It helps create better specifications by raising and discussing technical issues, by reviewing materials, by providing fresh input.

nudity.gif