[robocup-rescue-s] is there 3D rescue simulation?

From: Arash Dalir <arashdalir@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon 13 Nov 2006 - 16:28:17 GMT

dear robocuppers, yesterday I was in a meeting with some of my university's officials, and they informed me that this year's rescue simulation competition will be fully different from the last year. the changes they claimed were a new 3D environment, and so the documentations and specifications, the qualification rules and so on. I was amazed by this comment and checked the official web site and related pages, but I couldn't find anything on this matter. is there anybody who can tell me if this is true? I mean is this year's rescue simulator totally different form the last year, and is it 3D (comparing to current simulator)? if so, does it mean that the whole simulator and other related systems and documentations are changed? also is there anybody who knows why robocup-us.com doesn't upload the rules and schedule? I would be grateful if someone could answer my questions. best regards, Arash Dalir. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta. http://new.mail.yahoo.com