[robocup-rescue-s] Re: Problems regarding simulator 0.49.3

From: Cameron Skinner <cam@cs.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Wed 05 Apr 2006 - 00:24:33 GMT

Anita Maas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are a new team in the RoboCup Rescue Community and have a problem we
> hope someone can help to solve:
> Up to now we used the 0.48 release of the simulator.
> Everything worked fine for us.
> Since we updated to version 0.49.3 the simulation just won't start.
> Our team manages to connect succesfully to the simulator.
> After that the simulation should normally start (e.g. the time should
> count up).
> This doesn't happen but we do not get any error messages, neighter from
> the simulator nor from our our team.
>
> We experienced exactly the same behavior with other teams, e.g.
> Impossibles 2005.
>
> Our Team is written in C++ and we use librescue for most of the
> low-level stuff (e.g. Server-Agent communication).
>
> Any help and suggestions are very much appreciated.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Anita Maas
> Team RoboLog
> University of Koblenz/Germany

Hi.

Could you send the logs from all the simulators? We need all the
information you can provide to fix bugs.

Also, I would recommend that you use the main robocup mailing list or,
preferably, the support mechanism provided by sourceforge
(www.sf.net/projects/roborescue) for these sorts of requests.

Using sourceforge means that the problem, discussion and resolution will
be archived and other teams that encounter the same problem can simply
look up the solution.

Cheers,
Cameron.

--