Re: [robocup-rescue-s] 2006 Pre-Registered Teams

From: Alexander Kleiner <kleiner@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: Sun 05 Feb 2006 - 00:29:29 GMT

I absolutely agree,

I say we should not allow any more than one team from one university at
all in this league. To apply wih one team from one intitution is since
years a general RoboCup agreement which should also apply to the 2006
RoboCupRescue competition in Bremen, Germany and also be respected by
the teams.
Actually, I did also merge together with Micha the "ResQ Freiburg team"
with "SARS Freiburg" in 2004, although we could have been even more
sucessfull if being organized in two teams.

Please, we should not start here a greedy hunt for awards! Hence, I
claim that we take the "double" application from one university as a
negative score for both teams during the qualifcation procedure
(actually I assume they know each other and could negotiate to focus
their AI knowledge to one wonderful thing).

So please tell us now your opinion.

Cheers,

Alex