Re: [robocup-rescue-s] New version of simulator

From: Hamid Hamraz (hamid_hamraz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon 20 Jun 2005 - 13:12:37 GMT

Dear all,

The kernel was supposed not to send civilan id's untill the agent percieve them.
But we have an array full of civilians with their ids at cycle 3 (first action). The
option in config.txt does not make any difference. Is there something wrong with
my vesion (0_47_2)?

One more thing that I hope TC members decide about it as soon as possible:
In rule2005 pdf there are some critical points, that if implemented suddenly, teams
may not be able to adapt in a day, e.g. limited space in buildings (except from
firebrigades which is implemented by now) can have a great effect on ambulance
strategies, and changing the strategy can not be done in a day, so we'll see a low
level of competitions this. The same problem can be mentioned about aftershocks
and worldmodeling. I think the TC members should fix the final version and rules
by know, and forget about some of the changes that can not be implemented
easily. But as I mentioned above, it should be indicated which of the changes and
rules will be implemented and which are not. This will help teams to work effectively
and we will observe a better level of competitions.

Best Regards,
Hamid Hamraz,
Iran University of Science and Technology.

Cameron Skinner <cam@cs.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
This version does not send civilian information at startup (there's a
new option in config.txt to turn this feature on or off) and only one
fire brigade is allowed in a building.

Please let me know if there are any bugs.

Cheers,
Cameron.

--
Cameron Skinner