[robocup-rescue-s] Package 0.47: Socket Deallocation Problem

From: Arash Rahimi ([email protected])
Date: Mon 30 May 2005 - 10:59:12 GMT

Dear Friends,

As you may know, when the user kills the simulator modules
while running, due to the TIME_WAIT state in the TCP layer
for transmitting the untransmitted data, the socket cannot be
cleanly shut down. This causes kernel and gis to fail binding
on their port for about 1 minute after the kill event.

I was working on this issue and now I think I have fixed it.
I attached the modified file tcp.cc to my e-mail. If you
replace the tcp.cc in librescue directory with this one, I
think the problem will no longer exist.

This issue will be fixed in the next release of rescue-0_47
package. Until that time, you can apply this small patch to
avoid this problem.

Regards,
Arash Rahimi,
Member of S.O.S.