Re: [robocup-rescue-s] kill xterm's

From: Arash Rahimi (rahimi@ce.aut.ac.ir)
Date: Sun 22 May 2005 - 07:47:40 GMT

Dear Friends,

  I have noticed this issue about 4 months ago in the
early days of releasing a primary version of TCP-based
package. The issue arises from OS wait to shutdown and
deallocate the sockets that have been closed only from
one side. If you wait for about 1 minute after killing
the simulator modules then you can restart the simulator
without any problems. But it's not the best solution to
this problem. A good solution needs some signal-handling
stuff as well as suitable socket deallocation code in
the kernel, gis, and all the simulators, and of course
agents if there are any of them connected from the same
PC as that of the simulator.

And I think, if you run kernel on a seperate PC, then
you won't experiene this problem anymore.

At last, this is an issue that will be solved very soon.

Regards,
Arash Rahimi,
Member of S.O.S.