Re: [robocup-rescue-s] rescue simulator question

From: Arash Rahimi (rahimi@ce.aut.ac.ir)
Date: Thu 12 May 2005 - 08:40:21 GMT

Dear Silvia,

Regarding your problems compiling the package with
GCC 3.4, as other friends say, most of your problems
will be solved via a 'make clean' command. But you
may still experience difficulties with two modules:

 * firesimulator: First of all, I suggest you to use
   ResQFreiburg's FireSimulator instead of the one
   you are currently using. But if you still want to
   use the old one, it's very easy to avoid these
   errors. These errors arise from the method used
   to handle template arguments and template class
   inheritance at compile time. To fix it, edit the
   file named xy.hxx and change the following lines:

line 14: T x() const { return real(); }
line 15: T y() const { return imag(); }

line 14: T x() const { return this->real(); }
line 15: T y() const { return this->imag(); }

   and then you won't experience the errors again.
   This issue can be considered as a bug in GCC 3.4
   but I, personally, don't consider it a bug as I
   know how hard is the maintenance of such name
   resolution infos while compiling. Another solution
   is the addition of -fpermissive option in the
   Makefile.

 * R-Civilian: Sorry! It's not as simple as the last
   one. There are several parts that should be fixed
   in order to make the code compatible with GCC 3.4.
   I try to prepare a fixed version and release it
   soon. You can use 'samplecivilian' instead. It's
   available in the older packages(e.g. 0.44).

Regards,
Arash Rahimi,
Member of S.O.S.