Re: proposal: perception

From: Takahashi Tomoichi (ttaka@ccmfs.meijo-u.ac.jp)
Date: Mon 15 Nov 2004 - 14:33:40 GMT

Hi,

> 1. In reality, if people have clear view, they can see much farther than 10m
  :
> A nice additional feature could be that visibility goes down in areas
> where there is a lot of smoke.

I am for it. Visibility should be changed in situations, and
less visibility causes slower movement.

> it is not too difficult to calculate which objects are visible from a
> certain point on the map.

I am against it at present.
Becasue, it can be calculated but it takes time to calucate 3D models.
I am for it in future. When introducing 3D models, I would like
to simulate evacuations and rescues in skyscrapers or underground
malls.

Tomoichi

Tomoichi TAKAHASHI, Dr. Eng.

  1-501 Shiogamaguchi, Tenpaku-ku, Nagoya, 468-8502, Japan
  Meijo University
  Faculty of Science and Technology,
  Department of Information Sciences
  e-mail: ttaka@ccmfs.meijo-u.ac.jp