Re: Translated Fire Simulator's Comments

From: Miguel Arroz (arroz@guiamac.com)
Date: Sun 29 Aug 2004 - 14:43:49 GMT

Hi!

   I will not translate the kernel comments, I'm trying to understand
the code. That is not an easy task also, becuase the code has very poor
quality. Besides not respecting most of the good-programming rules, and
containing lots of permature optimization, it's structure is very weak.
All this is aggravated by the non-existing documentation.

   I'm very disappointed with this. Robocup rescue is a project where
people develop new and exciting technology to be appiled on very
serious problems. I don't understand how can this be done on top of a
so weak and poor quality base software. Programming is a very important
job, and should not be faced as "the task that must be done to
implement the theory", but as a science by itself. I think the RoboCup
federation should hire a number of programming engeneers to develop and
mantain a high-quality software infrastructure, with very good
documentation.

   I'm still trying to understand how the kernel works, in order to know
the necessary changes to the TCP transition. Any kind of help is very
welcome.

   Yours

Miguel Arroz

On 29 de ago de 2004, at 7:09, Adrin Jalali wrote:

> Hi,
> I have already translated almost all of the firesimulator comments. So
> terrible work !!! You can translate them using
> http://world.altavista.com/
> If you did, please send me them too.
>
> Best Regards.
> Adrin Jalali.