Re: Parameter Files

From: Michael Brenner (brenner@informatik.uni-freiburg.de)
Date: Mon 21 Jun 2004 - 20:23:04 GMT

H. Levent AKIN wrote:
> Dear Team Leaders
>
> Please prepare and bring 5 sets of parameter files (including gis_init
> files, *poly files) for each map (Kobe, VC, Foligno). The data sets
> should be prepared such that they should have increasing difficulty.

This is another last-minute change of rules I am a bit disappointed
about. The rules for this year stated clearly (page 4,
Competition.1.a.i.)that the parameter files would be designed by the TC.
We have always welcomed this as one of the best rule changes: if we look
at last year's competition data we see that the teams that provided the
parameter files were almost always better or best in the respective
runs. The new rules would have prevented such a strange behavior...

        michael

--
Michael Brenner 		Phone: (+49) (761) 203-8226
Institute of Computer Science	Fax:   (+49) (761) 203-8222