Making a new map for rescue

From: Nathan Schurr (schurr@usc.edu)
Date: Thu 13 May 2004 - 00:59:14 GMT

Hello All,

I am interested in making a new map for robocup rescue. I would like to
construct a map of my university (USC) and start putting agents into it. I
am in contact with some people here and they have a model of USC in VRML
format (.wrl) Is there a way to convert wrl to the GIS format necessary for
rescue? Are there tools for converting any format compatible to rescue? I
have read the the readme document titled "Tools for checking & creating
***polydata.dat files." Do rescue .bin and .dat files use a standard file
format that other programs would use?

Thanks for your help,
Nathan